Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Stupid Shutterfly

So this morning I got some crazy email from Shutterfly congratulating me on my upcoming baby and pregnancy.  I was furious!  Not long after getting it, I got a text from one of my friends who also has been dealing with infertility, she too got the same dang email and was also very annoyed.  Then I saw on facebook other people got it... #annoyed but wtf Shutterfly?  I am sure it was just an accident but still.  Ugh, the many joys of dealing with infertility, it still surprises me that people just think that everyone can get pregnant and I get it 8 out 10 people do with no problems, but 20% of women out there have dealt with some kind of infertility.  Asking someone, 'so when are you going to have kids' seems harmless but it's not.  Asking 'so when do you guys plan on having kids'... ugh, if it was only that easy.  While everyday I try and overcome and get excited about my journey, infertility will haunt me for the rest of my life.  I am not going to have biological children, I want to but I can't.  I have made the decision to foster and hopefully adopt and my husband is right there with me and we will love the experience but at the end of the day they will not be biological, we are ok with that, are you?  Think before you speak and just have awareness that there are infertile people out there.  That means you Shutterfly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment