Thursday, May 22, 2014

Foster Parent Training and Craziness!

I am so ready for this long weekend, I feel like I haven't had a good, long night of sleep since I don't know when.  We had a great time in Louisville 2 weeks ago but things have been chaotic ever since!  Last week we had training Wednesday night deep in the heart of Chicago, we got out at 9:30 but didn't get home until after 11 and I had to go into work the next day and work 9 to 7.  Training was good, we learned a lot about loss and got a better perspective of what some of these children might be dealing with.  Thursday and Friday were catch up days at work and running errands.  Friday we got some AMAZING news, my husband has been laid off for 2 and a half years, well on Friday he found out he was reporting back to work (he is a Union Electrician) it was the most AMAZING NEWS EVER!!! Saturday we had class in the morning and again it was enjoyable and we got to ask some good questions.  Later that day, my friend Ashley visited with her 2 year old daughter and it was awesome.  Nothing is more precious than watching your husband play with a 2 year old little girl or watching him take her out of her car seat and hold her.  My heart melted over and over again but for the first time in a very long time, I did not feel guilty.  I felt excited.. our path and journey to parenthood does not look the same as everyone else's but it will be just as special.  Sunday, Ashley and Avery left and we went out and celebrated Ron's new employment status.  Sunday night Ron and I tried to go to bed early but our dogs must not have gotten the memo because i did not get any sleep because they were acting crazy.  I did not want them to keep Ron up so I got up and slept on the couch (as much as I could with them).... the rest of this week has been a blur.  

We were scheduled for our next home visit on May 28th but now that Ron is back to work our Licensing Agent needed to reschedule for another evening, so we now have it scheduled for early June.

I am still excited and still ready to move forward.  

Have a great Memorial Day, All!

No comments:

Post a Comment