Friday, May 2, 2014

Yikes... Long Week!

Hello Friends - so sorry I have been inactive this week, after training all last week, my parents visiting, and having a CRAZY week at work, time has not been on my side.

Updates from me, well last Friday our licensing worker came to the house and we had a really nice visit.  She was very transparent and Ron and I were able to ask a lot of our questions but to be honest we felt really good after the visit.  On Saturday morning we woke up early and drove to Rockford, IL and attended Sessions 1 and 2 of PRIDE training through DCFS.  2 session down, 7 to go.. It wasn't bad, yes it was a long day  but it was informative and we appreciated again the realness of it all.  We also really enjoyed the people in the class and were happy to see that we really aren't that 'different'... 

On Sunday, my boss brought by their crib for us to purchase.. this was my first 'shit is getting real' moment and I loved it.  I am so ready to get the room together and that was really a great starting point.

Later in the day my parents came and my mom is so supportive, it is so very nice.

I still have moments when I think about the infertility, lack of biological children etc but this journey is going to be just as beautiful and could be far more rewarding.  We are blessed! 

Have a Happy and Productive Weekend!  Ron turns 30 next week so we are throwing a birthday party!

Go Blackhawks!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment