Thursday, July 17, 2014

Miscarriage finally happened.. Now what?

Yesterday about 4:00 pm, I miscarried.  It was seriously the most painful and worst night of my life.  I was up all night with the cramping and bleeding and without getting too graphic, there were moments of pure panic that I was going to bleed to death.  

In a way, I feel closure today.  I knew it was going to happen, I don't know if that is better than a sudden miscarriage or not but like I said I feel the closure.  I can begin to get back to normal.  

I will go the next few weeks and get my blood drawn to make sure all the HCG is out of my system.  My doctor told me she would let me know when its safe to start trying again... I hear some women are more fertile after a miscarriage, I don't know if I believe that or not, but again, I am trying to stay positive.

Please keep us in your thoughts, its certainly been a rough year.. week... 24 hours... 

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I have no idea what I googled to find your blog, but here I am and I feel compelled to comment. My husband and I struggled for years to have a baby too. We were patients at a fertility clinic. On our 4th IUI we were pregnant! But then we found out it was a blighted ovum. Talk about despair! What a blow to finally be so happy and then have it taken away. Crazy thing though, after the miscarriage, I never got my period. Yes, we were pregnant again, but this time no drugs and NO IDEA. God showing off for sure. He is the one in control. Anyway, I hope this helped you somehow. :)

    ReplyDelete