Monday, April 21, 2014

Signed up for Foster PRIDE Training Today

All signed up for Foster Pride training -- the next 6 weeks are going to be pretty intense.  When we found out a couple of weeks ago that we were no longer going to be doing any more IVF due to our STUPID insurance...  I had planned on taking a break but I just can't.  I told my husband yesterday, I hate to put so much urgency on him but it's like I started on this journey and I am not stopping until our baby/child is home.  We start this Saturday in an ALL day class.  Friday our licensing worker is coming to visit... what should I expect?  I am very excited but nervous.

In other news, we have decided to start to get the bedroom ready.  This is so bitter sweet.. it's exciting but hard.  I mean we have said we are open to children 0 to 3 maybe even up to 4, that makes it very difficult to get a bedroom ready.  I mean do we get a crib?  Gender Neutral is necessary... I think I am going to go with a Peter Pan theme.  I ordered the wall decal below in the picture, it's arriving this week...   A Peter Pan nursery or room is what I always had in mind when I thought about decorating a nursery, I know this is different but it doesn't make it any less exciting... My husband is going to start with putting in a ceiling fan and I am going to move everything out and move a twin size bed in and paint the room.  We know we can't get this all done before the licensing agent comes on Friday but she told me she is more looking at the property and what we do have.  

Does anyone have any advice on how to get the room started when beginning the process for foster care?  We are certainly open to suggestions.  



No comments:

Post a Comment