Friday, April 18, 2014

Thinking about everything we have been through...

Happy Easter!  A time of Spring, Family, and in our case then end of the Lenten season and the happiness that Easter brings.  

This year, it is also a time of sadness... We will be hosting Easter tomorrow for Ron's family and while I am very excited to see everyone, I cannot help but be sad.  Like many women who dream of being pregnant, the plan of how you would tell the family is a big deal.  That moment when you finally tell everyone it happened and you are expecting.  Had our IVF been successful in March of 2014, I had planned on telling our family at Easter... I know, I know it would have been very early but I had it in my head.  I was going to give everyone a little Easter egg and inside put a welcome message like, 'Happy Easter Grandma, love little Bunny S'... silly and cheesy, absolutely... but it's what I was going to do and it hurts knowing that is not part of tomorrow's agenda.  

I don't think there is anything that helps you get over knowing you will not have children, at least not have children naturally.  I am looking into adoption and I attended a foster parent meeting yesterday and even though I am incredibly excited about the possibilities and I certainly have Hope, it doesn't take away from the pain and the hurt I feel.  

Have a very Happy Easter if you celebrate, take comfort in being with family if you are in the same shoes I am in.  


No comments:

Post a Comment