Monday, April 21, 2014

Foster Training Here We Come

Good Morning, I hope you all had a Happy Easter.  We hosted Easter over the weekend and despite my fears it actually was great and I was so happy we were able to host our wonderful family.  I had been nervous for my own feelings but I realized half way through the day that that is very selfish, everyone bares their own crosses and my feelings, while significant to me, are very small when considering what others face.  I am fine one minute but then the next I start thinking... what kind of a woman am I, I can't do the one thing that women are put on this plant to do, carry a child.  But that kind of guilt is consuming me and I have to let it go.  Tomorrow I am seeing a therapist for the first time in my life, I am hoping to find comfort in speaking to someone who is not emotionally attached to us. 

In other news, after the hoopla of Easter on Saturday night was over, my husband and I got a day to ourselves yesterday -- and it was wonderful.  I put the Easter decorations away, cleaned up the house, had coffee out on our patio, we went out for breakfast, we then took the dogs to the forest preserve and went hiking, then came home and had margaritas on our patio, it was fabulous!  

Most importantly, we decided we are moving forward with fostering.  Our licensing worker is coming by on Friday to do an initial home visit then we have our first PRIDE training with DCFS (IL) on Saturday.  I am nervous and excited.  Lots to do this week as we prepare.  I will keep you posted on the fostering front.

Lastly, we also submitted our initial paperwork to Catholic Charities for their Healthy Infant Adoption program.  I am waiting to hear back.

Have a blessed Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment